Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Easier to find Online Degree Programs than it used to be

A half dozen years ago I was looking for an online degree program.  I received my bachelors degree the old-fashioned way through Illinois State University in Normal, Illinois.  I had even taken one class was online during college.  That was in 1998 it was a terrible experience.  The Internet advance rapidly however and by 2001 I was looking for an online degree program to get my masters.  I was working for a company that would pay for me to take my masters and I wanted to do it online so I could continue working full time without having to travel a great deal.

Back then even in 2001 there were very few places that provided an online degree yet retained a good reputation.

Today according to a recent release their over 1,300 different universities and colleges to provide online degrees.  Those 1300 different schools provide people with the choice of choosing over 9000 different degree programs of bachelors, associates and even masters degrees.  There's definitely a lot more choice today and when I start looking at my next degree whether it's my third bachelors or possibly a Ph.D. or maybe another law degree, I will definitely have many more options.

0 comments: