Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Purpose of Magazines in an Internet Age

Sponsored Article

Despite the fact that we live in an internet age, there is still a great deal of value to be had in magazine subscriptions.  I work as a writer and read stories on the internet all day long.  However I also subscribe to the Wall Street Journal and a dozen other magazines from Entrepreneur to Forbes to Details and even Maxim.

Its important to gather a wide perspective on the news and culture and then to synthesize that perspective to help determine where the truth of a situation falls out at.  I learned this skill as an analyst for the US Army when I worked in military intelligence almost twenty years ago.

Our sponsor MagsDirect offers hundreds of magazine subscriptions that can help you stay on top of events in the world and take a break from the serious things and focus on relaxing with a hobby or learning a new skill or keeping up with your investments.  I always encourage my readers not to take my perspective or reports as the only word, but to look and find 2 or 3 or 6 views on the same report.  Many times the additional perspective and extra facts will make all the difference in the world.

0 comments: