Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, May 18, 2007

Breezy Hawaii Meditations

I have been away for my writing for a couple of days here in gridlock news and I'm hoping to catch up with a vengeance this weekend as I have a backlog of articles to write.

Where have I been?

I have been meditating in Hawaii.

Well actually that's not true, I'd like to be in Hawaii right now it's been a couple years as I took a vacation there and I definitely could use some meditation time on a breezy beach somewhere in Hawaii, but instead I've been preparing to move.

I took a trip to Hawaii back in 2001. We stayed in a condo on the beach where the wind blew in almost continually off the Pacific ocean. I think this was the only trip where I actually enjoyed the jet lag! I crashed on the bed after the trip with the windows and doors open letting the breeze in. It was the middle of the day, but the weather was beautiful.

I had a great time in Hawaii, hiking up diamond head and some other small hills or mountains. Had a better time in the ocean and bays and taking in some of the attractions, but truly I don't think I have ever slept better than I did when I crashed on that bed after the flight with the breeze blowing in around me. I still remember that after 6 years.

I'm getting out of gridlocked Atlanta and moving up to soon-to-be gridlocked Charlotte, North Carolina. That trying get ahead of the gridlock wait just a little bit and trying keep some of my sanity. I'm moving to a nice little house on the lake where I won't have to commute anywhere which means I won't be in the gridlocked nor will I be contributing to the gridlock.

There has been a significant amount of activity going on in politics recently and I'm hoping to get that with a vengeance and catch-up because events are moving and happening very rapidly right now.

0 comments: